THE end of February sees the Churchward County Trust (CCT) mark its first anniversary, which means there are only a few weeks left to join the Founders’ Club before it closes to new members.
The Founders’ Club was originally established to finance the cutting of No. 3840’s frames and extension frames, and thanks to those supporters who have already joined, the locomotive’s frames were cut last November. Other frame plates have subsequently been sponsored by a Founders’ Club member, with the focus is now on the extension frames. Just a handful of new Founders’ Club members would see this target achieved.
Membership of the Founders’ Club costs £1,000 (payable in one lump sum or in eight payments of £125 by standing order), and comes with a string of incentives including:
- A seat on No. 3840’s first train
- The first choice of new components to sponsor
- Certificate of Founders Club membership
- A footplate trip on No. 3840
- A signed limited edition print of No. 3840 by railway artist Jonathan Clay
- Your name on Roll of Honour
- Life membership of the CCT
Furthermore, the names of all Founders’ Club members will have their names put into a ballot, with the winner being invited to take an active part in the naming and dedication of No. 3840 upon completion.
For details on how to join click on the ‘Support Us’ link or write to:
Churchward County Trust
PO Box 10633