Would you like to adopt one of the original GWR ‘County’ 4-4-0s and have a framed photo for your wall? With our Forty 4-4-0s Club you can, and in doing so help us raise the £40,000 required to cast the four coupled wheels for County of Montgomery.
The Forty 4-4-0s Club allows you to adopt one (or more) of the original 40 ‘Counties’ 4-4-0s, which were all named after British and Irish counties with which the GWR had connections. Perhaps you born in, or have family ties to, a particular county, or maybe you have an soft spot for one of the Hornby ‘OO’ models such as County of Bedford? Or you might simply like the name. If so, there’s a ‘County’ for you.
Membership is set at £1,000 (payable in one lump sum or in eight payments of £125 by standing order), and comes with a string of incentives including:
• An invitation to the launch of County of Montgomery
• A seat on the locomotive’s first train
• A special certificate acknowledging the ‘County’ being adopted
• A framed and mounted photograph of the ‘County’ being adopted
• A mounted print of No. 3840 by artist Jonathan Clay
• Name on the Roll of Honour
• Life membership of the Churchward County Trust
Furthermore, the names of all Forty 4-4-0s Club members will have their names put into a ballot; the winner receiving a wooden replica of the nameplate of the ‘County’ of their choice.
Full details of how to join the Forty 4-4-0’s Club, and a list of all the ‘Counties’ available for adoption can be found by clicking the ‘Adopt a County’ link.
NOTE: Locos can only be adopted once. Check the list to see if yours is still available.